Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lights in the Kitchen

Scott was able to finally get our kitchen lights installed.  He and my brother Adam (the journeyman Electrician) installed them, and they are absolutely lovely!  I love the light that now fills my kitchen, and I am thrilled that they can be dimmed.  The boys had to struggle a bit in the very tight confines of the attic to install the cans for the lights, but their perseverance paid off, and the job was completed. 
Scott hanging the string for the light placement:

Cutting the hole in the ceiling for the cans:
 
Adam supervising:
 
I would show you a picture of the lights, but I am waiting until the ceiling is patched and painted.  There was one tiny ity bitty little problem with the installation, and that was that they cut the holes in the ceiling too big.  Apparently the template for the holes was not actually a template. (lesson learned)  Scott is in the middle of the repair job right now, and the holes will be patched and fixed very soon.  So I will post a picture then.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

So glad you have light in there again! Can't wait to see the end result.