Thursday, January 21, 2010

Here I go...
Have you ever done something in your life that you always said you would never ever do?  The thought may have crossed your mind to do something that you thought was out of the question, and so you chased the thought away only to have it come back at a later date making you reconsider.  Then you reconsider and give the idea some more thought, and end up actually doing what you never thought you would do.
Well, that is what happened to me.
A good friend of mine came by the house to drop off some mineral foundation for me.  She happens to be a Mary Kay Beauty consultant (hence the reason she was dropping off the foundation), and she presented me with the opportunity to become a Mary Kay Beauty consultant.  Now you have to understand that my background with Mary Kay has been an interesting one.  My mom bought it when I was younger, and all I can remember is that they had really bad eye shadow colors and bright pink lipsticks.  When I started wearing Make-up someone introduced me to MAC make-up.  I loved it, and despite the high price (you pay a price for beauty right?) I was very loyal to MAC.... that is until recently when I purchased a couple eye colors from Mary Kay (primarily because they were so much less expensive then MAC), and I found that I really loved them.  I also decided to try the mineral foundation (also much less expensive than MAC), and I loved it.  But still in my heart I had a bit of a negative impression about Mary Kay.
So when my friend presented me with the opportunity I immediately said "No!"  Then she asked if the thought had ever crossed my mind, and I said "well, yes, I guess it has".  She told me more about the company and I learned not only about the potential for great income (something we could really use), I was also attracted to the fact that the company strongly believes in God first, Family second, and Career third. I also liked the idea of educating people on how to use skin care, and how to properly apply make-up (something I never learned growing up).  So I thought about it for a few days, and I found I couldn't stop thinking about it.  The biggest thing holding me back was fear of what my friends might think, and if I could actually find enough customers. I felt like the Lord was prompting me to take the plunge and trust Him!  So with Scott's full support (and excitement) I did it.
So here I go...

Now some of you might be thinking... great she is going to ask me to buy something... well yes, I just might.  But that is not what this blog is for.  So I am only going to promote this one time, and then I will not be promoting again...   I really want to be able to share with you how wonderful the product is.  It truly is!  Plus is comes at such a better price then most other skin care and make-up products out there.  So if you might be interested or know someone who is interested, I would love to talk. You can also see all the great products on my website: www.marykay.com/jpersicke. 
So here is the promotion: if you leave a comment on this post, I will enter you into a drawing to win a free product.  (No matter where you live!)  
Also, if you want to provide me with names of three people that might be interested in Mary Kay, I will give a free product.  
Thank you readers for reading and supporting!

3 comments:

tommysmommy said...

Way to go promoting, Jen!! Excited to see where this takes you!

Unknown said...

Hope your new venture is a blessed one!

Hdez said...

That's kind of how I felt in starting with Pampered Chef. Finally it just boiled down to this: If I don't do it, I'll always wonder what if; if I do, the worst than can happen is that I don't like it after a while. And I love it! Sure, you have to work your business and put the effort into it--clients don't just fall into your lap--but getting out and meeting new people and sharing what you know and a great product is really rewarding. Plus, I love being able to work around my schedule and family's needs and plans. Best wishes dear friend!