We took our Christmas tree down on New Years day. Can you say "Fire Hazard"? This was a major fire hazard. I do not think I have ever seen a tree so dry! If you remember, we cut our tree down the day after Thanksgiving at my parent's house. It was a great tree, but the trunk had been damanged, so I think that caused it to dry out a lot faster than normal. I think it stopped drinking water somewhere in the middle of December. It got to the point where we would just look at the tree, and needles would fall off.
As we took the ornaments and lights off the tree we lost so many needles on the ground, they created a pile in a circle around the tree. I honestly think that there were more needles on the floor than there were on the tree.
Can you tell me where the quote that is my title for this post is from?



1 comment:
I believe the title is from _A Christmas Story_ and we had a tree that looked like that when we finally took it down. It was just as easy to shake them all off than to try to avoid doing so. Plus, and this is horrible, I don't think we got it out of the house until February. Too typically Hernandez!
Post a Comment