Christmas Baking
I thought it would be fun for Scott and I to make Christmas cookies this year to give to friends. Scott is always saying he wishes I would bake cookies more. I normally let our friends do the baking, and since the best cookie maker I know moved across the country (yes the same one who makes cheesecake), I figured I need to pick up some of the slack. (Thank you Alexis, you are my baking inspiration... cue the song "you're my inspiration...")
So last night we got all our ingrediants out on the counter in preparation for baking wonderful Christmas cookies. As Scott was getting our antique 1930's kitchen aid mixer out (the one that was given to me as a gift from a dear friend who has since passed away...), the glass bowl fell and crashed to the floor shattering in a million little pieces. I was too shocked to say anything. So I left Scott to clean up the mess and took Kona for a walk around the block to "cool off". Great start to our cookie baking right? It was suppossed to be a wonderful evening filled with baking cookie smell and Christmas music. By the time I returned, the kitchen floor was cleaned up, I wasn't upset anymore, and we were back on for some serious cookie baking.
We started off with Scott's favorite Peanut Butter cookies with a chocolate kiss in the middle. The only problem was that I forgot to have Scott pick up the kisses from the store. But, not to fret, Scott is always thinking and decided to use three chocolate chips on each cookie instead. Next, we whipped up (really beat by hand, because our mixer is now toast), a batch of my favorites, Gingersnaps. Finally we topped off the reprotaire with Shortbread drizzled with chocolate... yum! The drizzling of the chocolate turned into being really more of a display of our artistic talent...almost Jackson Pollock like.
So some of our readers will be recieving these works of our labor, and we also hope to spread a little cheer around our neighborhood as well. For those of you who will not be able to partake of the Persicke cookies, just know that we think of you, and wish you were here to taste them with us.
What I learned in September
10 years ago




3 comments:
WOW! Those cookies look fabulous. You are too kind to me, my friend. Loved your sweet post about making a cheesecake too. Hope you have fun making it and that Scott enjoys his favorite dessert. You are such a thoughtful wife. Congratulations on four amazing years spent trusting the Lord and clinging to your husband. Even through the storms, you two remained blessed. We miss you dearly. Off to get my sugar cookies started. You have inspired me...plus Adam needs some gifts for people at work.
They are delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing your love with all of us last night!!
They look "store-bought". :) Actually, they look totally delicious.
Post a Comment