Christmas 2009
I am almost sad to write this post as it means Christmas is over. The month of December always goes too fast for me. It is really the only time I seasonally decorate the house, and I love the lights, the tree, the red, the stocking hanging on the mantle, and I am so sad to see it all go so soon. I haven't taken our decorations down yet, and I probably will not do so for a few more days, though the tree probably needs to come down soon since needles fall off every time I just look at it.
We had a wonderful Christmas at my parents house in the mountains. It is always so restful and quiet there. It was a simple Christmas this year, and we loved every moment of it. We were thrilled to finally see and talk with Scott's family via Skype at his sister's house. We did a trial run on Christmas Eve to make sure it would work for Christmas morning. Scott's mom especially was so happy to see us and be able to talk with us. She even said that she wanted to go out at that moment (Christmas Eve) and buy a laptop so she could Skype with us from her own home. What she didn't know what that we (Scott's sister and us) were giving her a laptop for Christmas the very next day. We woke up at 4:45AM on Christmas morning to Skype with our Eastern Time Zone family in Michigan. We were able to see the entire family open their gifts from us, including the new computer which made Scott's mom cry with surprise and joy! It was really a wonderful blessing to spend that time with them since they are so far away.
While visiting my parents for four nights we made sure to set aside plenty of time for recreational activities like shooting the potato gun off the deck, which is a favorite pastime on my side of the family. Scott enjoyed time playing my Dad's Taylor guitar upstairs while I worked on finishing a crocheted blanket. We attempted to "run off" all the rich and fattening foods by seeing how many times we could run up and down the steep hill on my parents property. Kona too loved the vacation at Grandma and Grandpa's and he enjoyed playing with their dogs and running around the property. He is always so happy there.
And now Christmas is over, the Christmas tunes on the radio are finished, the lights are being taken down, and life goes back to normal. But, something tells me it won't feel like very long before we get to celebrate the Christmas season again.
Taking off in the Kabota to deliver Christmas Cinnamon Rolls to the neighbors.
Kona was happy about his Christmas gifts.
Wondering if he will be getting anything more...

The Happy Guitarist





No comments:
Post a Comment