Yesterday, December 17th, was our 4th Wedding Anniversary. These past four years have flown quickly by. We have grown more in love with each other through joys and trials. We have most definitely strengthened our relationship with the Lord and each other through the thick and the thin. It has been a challenging four years as we have learned to wait patiently, love each other, and learn to grow. But it has been a wonderful four years, and I wouldn't change it for anything.
We celebrated yesterday by traveling to San Leandro to pick up a new dining table. (See the above post for the full story). We stopped at 4th st in Berkeley on the way home to pick up a Christmas gift. I worked for a few hours in the afternoon, and after work I came home to a dozen red roses, the most beautifully written card from Scott, and the announcement of dinner reservations in 45 minutes. I got ready and we drove to the restaurant where we were to have dinner. The location was a mystery to me until we arrived at a very charming little restaurant out in the country at a place called Mankas Corners. This is an intersection on the country roads we often travel when taking the "back" way from Vacaville to Napa. We walked in to the restaurant to find that we were not going to be able to dine in the formal dining room, since there were two large parties in there (something they did not inform Scott of when he made the reservation). We decided we did not want to pay the formal dining prices to dine in the casual room with the plastic table cloths and little charm or pleasing atmosphere. So we left. Scott was pretty frustrated, and I was dissapointed that his wonderful surprise didn't work out. We decided instead to check out a new Italian restaurant in downtown Vacaville. It was in the same location as an old Italian restaurant we really loved. It proved to be just as fantastic as the old place. We came home to enjoy the scrumptious cheesecake I made for Scott while sitting next to the fire. It turned out to be a very perfect day.


No comments:
Post a Comment