SURPRISE!!
We flew out to Michigan to surprise Scott's Mom and Dad for their 40th Anniversary. Scott's sister and I had been in "kahootz" with the plan weeks before our trip. Her family planned to spend the weekend with mom and dad and wanted to have a family BBQ with them on Friday night. She asked them to meet them at the bar down the street from their house beforehand for appetizers and drinks. When they arrived at the bar they greeted Ann, Vince, and the kids and sat down at the table with them, completely unaware that we were also at the bar on the other side of the room. We made our way over to the table right next to them, and sat down. They had no idea it was us (due to our conspicuous costumes). We sat there for a few minutes and finally Scott turned around and began to speak to his dad who still did not recognize him. Finally after a double take his dad recognized him, but still did not recognize me. As we began to remove our disguises, his mom finally recognized us both! They were overjoyed and VERY surprised to see us.
We looked like biker people with the following garb, and I doubt anyone would have recognized us!
What I learned in September
10 years ago



3 comments:
OH MY GOSH! You guys are such a riot! Such a fun way to make the surprise that much more exciting for everyone. Great idea to disguise yourselves. And you are right. I hardly recognized you. My question though is...did you blend in with the locals??
Yes, we did blend in with some of the locals!
This is hilarious! I love the disguises! You pulled it off well! Miss you both!
Post a Comment