"Trust in the Lord with all your Heart, and Lean Not unto your Own Understanding. In all your ways, Acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your path." Proverbs 3:5-6
I know this is a verse that has been overused so much, but tonight it was illuminated to me more than ever before. There are four verbs in this verse: Trust, Acknowledge, Lean, and Make Straight. Four actions that need to take place for true peace. Don't we all seek true peace?I do not want to become too preachy with this post, but I hope that you will take a few moments to really think about what this verse means. Many of us have heard this verse so many times it has lost a little bit of it's meaning. The best illustration I heard in regards to this verse was to compare it to a newborn baby. As a newborn baby is Fully dependent upon it's mother for everything, so must we be fully dependent on Christ for everything. The baby trusts it's mother to the fullest...it doesn't even give a thought to where it will find food or shelter or comfort... it just trusts. The same goes for us... God has promised to provide, we need to trust that He will do what He has promised to do. Ahh the peace that comes when we truly rest in His loving, gentle, and caring arms!
I just had to share this picture of my dear friend and her newborn. I hope you do not mind being used as an example Katharine... but there was never a better example.



1 comment:
Beautiful! Both the words you shared and the photo of the Mama with her baby.
Post a Comment