Friday, November 20, 2009

Home, beautiful home.
Many of you know that I was blessed to grow up in the beautiful Napa Valley.  I was raised on two acres in the coutry, in a small country house with animals of all shapes and sizes.  Four years ago my parents sold my childhood home and moved to the mountains to get out of the busy Bay Area.  I supported their decision whole heartedly, but it doesn't mean I don't miss my home all the time.  Since we live close to Napa, and we visit friends there frequently, we often drive by my house.  The new owners have planted a vineyard in the front and back fields.  The house has been painted, and the yard re-landscaped.  It looks just beautiful.  I am so happy to know that they are taking good care of my home, and raising their young family there, just as my parents did so many years ago.  It was raining today, so I couldn't take any pictures, but the vineyard was geogeous, and colorful.  As we stood outside in the rain staring at my childhood home, the memories came flooding back. I could have stood there all day staring at my home, but the tears were about to fall, so I decided it was time to leave. Someday I hope that Scott and I can find a place in the country like where I grew up.

No comments: