He is in control of All things!
Sometimes I feel like the only area I have any sense of control is in keeping my house clean. In the last few years God has slowly been challenging me to surrender every aspect of my life to Him. And today, He taught me that even the smallest areas (like keeping your house clean) need to be surrendered to Him.
I was happily preparing lunch with Scott when I reached into the fridge to grab a glass bottle of sparkling juice. When I turned to set it on the counter, I accidentally slammed the bottle right into the counter top. The glass shattered and the juice splattered all over the kitchen counter and floor. I quickly grabbed the dog to get him safely outside when I noticed I was bleeding from a few different minor cuts. As I stared down at the disaster, my first thought was "why does this need to happen?" We had been having such a great day, and this was most definitely getting in the way of our good day. I began to get very upset because my clean kitchen was now very dirty and very sticky. I felt out of control. As we cleaned I thought about my "need" to keep my house clean in order to give myself some sense of control. I very soon thereafter was aware of God's reminder that He wants my complete surrender in EVERY aspect of my life, including the seemingly minor things, like a clean house. As He so graciously showed me today, I should not be seeking to control even the smallest things in my life. I realized that God knows best, and there is no point in trying to control anything, even the little things, because really He is in control of it all!
What I learned in September
10 years ago


1 comment:
Amen! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment