It's been a while since we have provided an update, and there have been a lot of changes in our busy lives. Scott has been working to start up an Auto Detailing business. He has gotten some training and acquired the necessary tools, and has been working hard to make cars shine. If you live in our local area and are interested in a car detailing please let us know. Scott is offering fabulous discounts for first time clients as well as for referrals. Just take a look at some of his work:
Before and then After:
Hard at work!
Scott has also been working part-time at Trader Joe's grocery store. He enjoys the employees and the work. His is still looking for other part-time or full-time work, but we are thankful for what God has provided thus far.
I am still working as a Nanny part-time. I am also working to develop my business, My Creative Threads. If you haven't seen my Etsy site, or my blog, please check them out: www.mycreativethreads.etsy.com and www.mycreativethreads.blogspot.com
I also just recently started working part time teaching English to Korean students online. I learned about the job through the online job search, Monster. It is pretty interesting to teach by video chat online. So far I have only taught one evening (my hours are 10pm-1am 4 days per week). My first evening was a challenge, but I think I will get the hang of it soon enough.
If feels like we are both working all the time just to get by, but God has been faithful, and our needs have been met every month. Despite our busyness we still manage to find time with each other and Kona.




4 comments:
wow scott! that car looks great! do you do long distance detailing?
My car is sooooo pretty. Even after a week and a half, I still love looking at and touching it. A bird pooped on it and I immediately wetted a tissue and washed it off. Bad birdie. Someone at church was really surprised to hear my car was 8 years old. In fact, Scott detailed it on its 8th birthday. We bought the car on Sept. 22, 2001.
Thanks Christine. Good for you in getting that organic matter off as soon as possible. It can break down your finish if left on. I'm so glad that you are enjoying your car.
ALexis: How about I bring some gear when Jen and I visit some day! Can't wait for that day to come!
Post a Comment