We have wanted to change out the lighting fixture in our kitchen for a while now, as it is one aspect of our kitchen that we both do not like. I thought it would be a while yet before we could make a change, but Scott had a different time table in mind. I walked in the other day to find him on a ladder removing the ugly box that surrounds the lights. He decided that the lights in the kitchen would serve us (or him rather) better in the garage, and it was time that they were removed. I was VERY pleased to see the box coming down, and the lights removed, but I had to question what his plan was for replacing the lights.... since we cannot exactly function very well without lights in the kitchen. For now we do have a plan for replacing the lights, but we do not have a time-table. So being the planning wife that I am, I suggested that we have the lights replaced no later than Thanksgiving... (and hopefully sooner!!) For now Scott left one florescent light up, and it hangs below an ugly dirty looking rectangle shape on the ceiling. I cannot bear to turn it on since it emits a terrible glow, so I get by with other forms of lighting for now...
Goodbye ugly light box...





2 comments:
yay for new lighting. can't wait to see what you choose to replace it. we have the same lighting in our home there in CA and know it should one day be replaced. you are such a patient wife. no lighting in the kitchen? yikes! you might want to aim for a few days before thanksgiving just to be on the safe side. :)
Yay!! I suggest a lighting party. He should enlist the help of some friends to fix it this weekend!! Just now sure with what it can be replaced with that's not expensive... canned lighting?!
Post a Comment