Day of Food
Yesterday I joined three other girlfriends for a day of food. It was a cooking day in which we prepared a number of meals (13 to be exact) to freeze for future mealtimes. This was my first experience with cooking day (my friend are all seasoned chefs), and thus I was the novice and "new recruit". My first new recruit initiation was to pound out 12 chicken breasts for Cordon Bleu. My arms were tired after, that is for sure.
It was such a great and fun day, and incredibly satisfying to bring home a large box of meals to put in the freezer for a later date. Needless to say, Scott was incredibly thrilled to see all the food right there at his fingertips and ready for consumption at a moments notice. In fact we sat down for a lovely meal of Beef Bourguignon (not Julie Childs recipe, but I am sure just as good... and on a side note if it was her recipe Beef would have been spelled "boeuf" and it would have taken the four of us the entire day to prepare the one meal... all that to say I do want to try Julia's Boeuf Bourguignon someday, just to say I made it. But I hardly have enough time to read her detailed recipe let alone make it... just saying.)
Scott did love the meal, and I would say the day was a HUGE success, providing me with a wonderful day with friends and a huge amount of food savings!! Thank you for initiating me into the group girls. I am sincerely honored.
I also want to add that when I came home I do not think that I have ever smelled so terribly in my entire life! When you mix lbs of onion, garlic, various spices, and all kinds of different meats and smells together it really turns into something less than appetizing on your clothes. I quickly threw my clothes in the wash and my body in a hot bath. And today while shopping I noticed the smell had returned.. where in the world is that smell coming from? Could I possibly still smell?? Then I realized it was my purse stinkin' it up. Thankfully that too is washable.
What I learned in September
10 years ago






1 comment:
That's awesome!! Remember when I had that one cooking day- before Jon left, it was AWESOME having all that food in the freezer ready to go- though the veggies for the chicken stir fry flopped, lesson learned :) I'm happy you had a great time and glad you figured out the stink! :D
Post a Comment