MOUNDS of paperwork (not the candy bar)
So in my previous post I mentioned the "mounds" of paperwork that are currently spread over the dining room table. We began our Home Study process last week and we were presented with loads of paperwork to complete. We have three applications to fill out (yes 3!!) One from me, one from Scott, and one from both of us! You would think they would be a little redundant, but they are not. It is amazing how many questions they ask us, things I frankly have never thought about before. It is a thorough study to say the least, and it is really too bad that all parents do not have answer these questions before they have children... the world would be a much better place if they did I think. We have to complete a physical exam, get fingerprinted, take CPR, etc... The list is LONG!
The other thing consuming our lives (well my life mostly) is our profile. For those unfamiliar with the adoptive process, potential adoptive parents have to put together a profile consisting of pictures and text about our life. It is like a scrapbook of sorts. When we complete it we will make copies of it that will be sent out for birth-moms to peruse as they begin the process of selecting an adoptive family for their unborn baby. I have been working for DAYS on our profile in hopes of completing it by the end of the week so that I can send it off for Lifetime Adoptions to review. We decided it would be easier to create the profile on the computer so that we could easily make changes. Since I am seriously NOT a scrapbook-er, I thought this would be a better way to tackle the arduous task. I am happy to say that I am about 95% completed, and I am almost ready to send it off for review!
Needless to say all the paperwork and profile work has basically been consuming my time, and the rest of my life is currently on hold. But I figure the sooner I get it all done the better... why procrastinate on paperwork... it only gets tougher to complete the longer you wait! Back to work I go...
What I learned in September
10 years ago


1 comment:
Fun to finally join your blog Jen, love it!
Post a Comment