Sunday, December 05, 2010

It is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I just love the Christmas season!  It is the only time of the year that I decorate, and I just love it when the house is filled with the scent of the fresh tree!  Sunday after Thanksgiving we headed over to Larry's produce to find our tree.  I have come to love Larry's produce for their fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the summer, and for their trees at Christmastime.  You cannot beat a fresh tree for $30!!  What a deal!  And I love how they display their trees by hanging them from the rafters!  You walk through a bunch of beautiful trees spinning around, it is like nothing I have seen before!
 The tree we selected had a HUGE trunk and was so fresh and full of water Scott couldn't lift it by himself!  We set it up in the street to clean it off and trim the lower branches.
 We had enough left-over branches to make a rustic wreath for the door.
Simply and humbly decorated, it is aglow with light and life!


2 comments:

AML said...

That is really cool. I went to Larry's a couple times and it really is a hidden treasure. Fun around halloween time too. You didn't get a tree from your parents' property this year? I love the Persicke house at Christmas. You do such a great job decorating with natural elements. So beautiful. The tree turned out great!

iteachangels said...

I can't believe that you made the wreath! It is beautiful! I love you, my crafty friend!