Thursday, August 06, 2009

It's Bacon...... bacon, bacon, bacon!!
Our trip started early morning on the 14th of July as we boarded the plane for our "Red Eye" flight to Detroit. Our connecting flight took us to Flint, where we were greeted by Scott's Dad, Phil. We were tired and hungry, so he took us out to eat at Tony's. Tony's is a place that I have only heard about, but never in my nearly 4 years of marriage to my husband, have had the opportunity to visit. Everything at Tony's is BIG, I mean HUGE! A bit overwhelming for this west coast girl. When you order bacon, you recieve ONE POUND of bacon. This is no exaggeration. After sitting in awe for a few moments over the ginormous plate of bacon we enjoyed a few pieces and took the rest home. I was a little speechless by the amount of wasted food in this restaraunt, but I was glad to finally experience such a famous Michigan destination. And thus began our Michigan vacation....

No comments:

Blog Archive