I was reflecting on the past year and looking toward the coming year when I was shown this blog which included the quote above. The New Year is such a great time to set new goals for the coming year, to renew our commitment to continue working on those old habits that die hard. The new year is a time to once again press into the Lord and it is a reminder that we need to seek Him in All things.
I am anticipating many changes this year- possibly big ones. Do I know for sure that this year will bring many changes? No. But I feel like God has been preparing our hearts for changes coming.
I am not sure what those changes will be. Maybe a new job for Scott? Maybe a new home? Maybe a new baby? We do not know what the future holds, but as we look toward the future we wait with eager expectation for the good things God has in store. Does that mean it will all be "good"? Probably not. But in the "bad" God always brings Good! Of that we are sure!
I dove into God's word last week looking for some scripture in which I could focus as the New Year began. Here are a few of the verses I found:
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 1:3-4.
"...He chose us... that we should be holy and blameless before Him in Love..." Ephesians 2:10
"The preparations of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord."
"A man plans his own way, but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9


1 comment:
Excellent verses...
Post a Comment