Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas 2011


I've enjoyed decorating a little differently for Christmas this year.  I have had this "addiction" to burlap and muslin and decided to use these wonderful fibers to go a little more rustic with the decorations this year.   I was inspired by one of my favorite blogs, Dear Lillie.  She made some burlap stockings similar to these.  I also recently discovered Pinterest (both a good and bad thing!) where I saw a friend post this burlap wreath.  I changed it up a bit by adding some muslin with a little red for Christmas!  And of course, our tree- it has to be a real one in the Persicke house!  You cannot pass up the $30 trees at Larry's produce!  I made all my own decorations this year (with the exception of the snowflakes).  I filled glass bulbs with ribbons and of course strips of burlap and muslin.   Both Jake and Kona enjoy the warm glow of the tree!



My first embroidery attempt!  My mom drew the trees for me and I embroidered them.  (Shhh... she is getting this for Christmas!)



1 comment:

Amy said...

LOVE the burlap!!!!!!!!! Love it! We'll be happily using our "jen" stockings this weekend. :-) xoxo