Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nothing like a Party to Motivate you!
I have a big Pinkly Party coming up this Friday evening, and it really motivated me to make a couple changes.  I have wanted to do some redecorating in our front room for a while now, but it hasn't exactly been on top of our priority list.  But with the party coming up, I had to do at least a little something.  A new and better lamp was definitely in order, as our lighting in that room stinks.  (Someday that will change with some recessed lights...)  So I went out lamp shopping.  I forgot how fun it is to shop for home decor.  After searching a few stores, I found a great lamp for a great price at Home Goods... got to love that store!  Of course after purchasing the lamp, I decided I really needed new curtains.  New curtain panels and even the fabric to make those panels is super expensive, and I soon realized it wasn't going to happen.  As I was on my way home with my new lamp, I had a brilliant inspiration.  I decided to take my existing curtains, cut them in half, make tabs, and hang them that way...  Long story short...  it was exactly perfect.  Why get new curtains when you can just repurpose the old ones!  The only picture I could find of the old curtains was a picture taken of the Flowers family at thanksgiving time.
OLD Curtains:
New Curtains:
What do you think?

2 comments:

tommysmommy said...

Jen, you're brillant! I love it!! They look great. I really like how they look hanging up high, that really worked. Awesome idea! Way to re-purpose and think outside the box!

Jessica said...

Perfect, Jen! I think they look great that way!