Kona just loves the afternoon sun in the back yard. The warmth of the patio feels good on his joints and muscles I'm sure. He's such a happy boy.Our backyard is pretty simple. We do not have many flowers, but the few we have happen to be in bloom right now. Unfortunately they are all on the side of the house and aren't often noticed. Since I recently re-arranged my sewing room, I now have the perfect view out the window of these beautiful flowers as I sew. I am enjoying every moment of their bloom as I know they won't last long.
I am also eagerly waiting the blooming of my favorite flower in the front yard. Last year we planted some new plants in the front yard. Two of those plants were Hydrangeas. I LOVE Hydrangeas, and I was so very excited for them to bloom. Because last year was so hot, they didn't get the proper water and the blooms died fairly quickly. I allowed the brown plants to stay in the ground until this February, when I decided to pull them out. Just as I was reaching down to pull out the first dead plant I noticed the tiniest little buds on the brown stems. I quickly pushed the plant back in the ground and got the watering can. The plant has continued to thrive and now it looks as though there will be some blooms coming soon. I will continue to wait. Stay tuned for pictures of the blooming...




No comments:
Post a Comment